The BOM and staff of St. Patrick’s Primary School take seriously their responsibility to promote the welfare of and safeguard all the children entrusted to our care.
The Designated Liaison Person (DLP) is the School Principal.
As part of the ethos of the school, we are committed to:
• providing an environment in which children feel safe, secure, valued and respected, confident to talk openly and sure of being listened to.
• providing suitable support and guidance so that children feel confident to approach appropriate adults.
• using the curriculum to provide opportunities for increasing self awareness, self esteem, assertiveness and decision making.
• working with parents to ensure the welfare of all children which may involve other agencies.
• ensuring all staff are able to recognise the signs and symptoms of abuse and are aware of the school’s procedures and lines of communication.
The Board fully endorses arrangements for the vetting of teaching and non-teaching staff and adheres to the Child Protection Guidelines and Procedures (2001) and the provisions of the Children First Guidelines (1999, 2011)